On the early hours of 12 September, the Night Tube will launch.
The following lines will be covered by the service at launch:
- Central line: Trains will run between Ealing Broadway and Hainault / Loughton (no service between North Acton and West Ruislip; Loughton and Epping; or Woodford and Hainault)
- Jubilee line: Trains will run on the entire line
- Northern line: Trains will run on the entire line except on the Mill Hill East and Bank branches
- Piccadilly line: There will be a service between Cockfosters and Heathrow Terminal 5 (no service on the Terminal 4 loop, or between Acton Town and Uxbridge via Rayners Lane)
- Victoria line: Trains will run on the entire line
The Night Tube is a historic step for the Tube. But while TfL have declared their intent, there may still be trouble ahead. ASLEF will be staging a 24-hour walk-out over pay and conditions on 8 July. And they may yet be joined by colleagues from the RMT and TSSA unions, who are balloting for industrial action also.
Whether this can all be resolved before 12 September is an open question.