* Caroline Pidgeon has been selected as the Lib Dem candidate for Mayor. She is currently the party's Assembly spokesperson on transport, crime and education. We wish her well.
* That leaves only the Tories without a selected candidate in place. One of the frontrunners, Zac Goldsmith, has called for regulators to take a fresh look at Uber.
* Meanwhile, the effect of Uber is being seen in the numbers of private hire vehicles now on the streets of the capital. Engaget reports: "There are now a record 62,754 private vehicles operating in the capital, up from 49,854 in 2013."
* Buzzfeed and TfL have worked together to deliver 'The 11 Most Annoying Commuters in 8-Bit." Good fun and something for all of us there.
* A Parisian architect has created a new, elegant version of the traditional Harry Beck tube map.
* And speaking of maps, here's TfL's 'secret' geographically accurate map of London transport:
* Over 180m contactless journeys have taken place since the service began last year.
* Were there benefits to the recent Tube strikes? Researchers from Oxford and Cambridge believe that might well be the case...
* And finally, you have until 1st October to vote for your favourite design from across the rich history of London transport design. Visit here for more.