A roundup of the latest London transport news, below:
- Tom Edwards looks at the legacy of the Olympic Games: "Londoners now expect high standards from their transport system all the year round. If transport operators can do it for the Games - why not?"
- LondonReconnections features a fantastic gallery of photos of the work going on at Tottenham Court Road Underground and CrossRail.
- RideLondon saw nearly 20,000 people (including the Mayor) cycle 100 miles yesterday - more evidence of an Olympic legacy? - ITV News
- A 48hr walkout is due by 'Boris Bike' staff on 11 August, starting at 9am. The dispute with operator Serco is over a range of issues, including pay, shift patterns and allowances - Bloomberg
- There's been a flurry of proposals for airport capacity expansion from Gatwick, the Architects Journal (£), and the Mayor.
- 02 customers can now get free WiFi on the Tube through a partnership deal with Virgin Media.
- Struggling to get your buggy or wheelchair around the transport network? There's an app for that.
- The Mayor thinks that there's a reasonable case for extending the tramlink to Sutton - Your Local Guardian