To start, some cycle hire news:
- Tourists and casual users will be prevented from using the scheme until the end of 2010 [BBC].
- The redistribution of bikes has led to the hiring of a fleet of vehicles to top up the cycle bays near mainline stations [Mind the Gap].
- Half a million journeys have now taken place on the scheme (roughly 18,500 a day) [TFL].
- Finally, the London Assembly is holding a short enquiry into cycling in the capital. Complete a short survey here.
Now the rest of the news from around the web:
- Transport issues are a key concern to businesses investing in the area around the Olympic site says a new report [PA].
- TfL are now consulting with staff and unions over the future shape of Tube Lines [TfL].
- Mind the Gap takes a tour of the 'son of Routemaster'.
- The Mayor has asked for the Popemobile to be exempted from the Congestion Charge [BBC].