News links from the past week in London transport:
- TfL are to charge 40p per minute for travel information by phone.
- London Informer looks at the evolution of the Tube.
- Dave Hill on the Mayor's preferred financing method for big (see transport) projects.
- The Londonist takes a guided tour of the Tube.
- The Guardian praises... the Oyster Card.
- Christian Wolmar reviews the year in transport, praises Lord Adonis, and calls on the Tories to define their rail policy.
- Saturday saw London's fifth Very Important Pedestrians Day, locking traffic out of the West End.
- The Mayor has warned Tube Lines over confusion on the completion date for Jubilee Line work.
- The Transport Select Committee has backed a third runway at Heathrow, but not further expansion at Stansted.